Loss of power

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Chaz
Astra Model: Astra Elite CDTI S/S
Astra Colour: White

Re: Loss of power

Post by Chaz » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Glad to hear some one else with an Astra had similar problem, an it is intermittent also. The dealer has not made any contact in weeks now I am going back & forth with my finance company and Vauxhall direct, now both are closing this case and say there is noting more they can do for me. They say that there is no fault in this car, however will not put this in writing to me. So still without any car and no further on nearly 13 weeks now. :(

Lin66

Post by Lin66 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:14 pm

I have recently bought a 2016 Astra 1.4 design from a main dealer with less than 10,000 on it. I had done very few miles, less than 100 in the car, thought that it did not feel quite right, bit sluggish at times, but put it down to getting used to it. Yesterday for the first time in the car on a motorway I had done about 80 miles, the traffic slowed and then started to move again but I could not get it above 63 and my foot was to the floor, lifted off and back down, still would not shift, I moved into inside lane and power came back. Further on a dual slip road, I had a similar problem, parrallel with wagon, I wanted to move in front but couldn't, the wagon had more power than me. I have arranged for it to be looked at by the dealership next week but given previous comment I am concerned, does anyone know if there is actually a problem with these cars or anything I should put to the dealership. Any advice appreciated. Thank you

astranaut
Astra Model: Astra 1.6CDTi SRi Nav 136 Sports Tourer.
Astra Options: Nav, Parking Pack, Winter Pack
Astra Colour: Lava Red.

Post by astranaut » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:47 pm

I agree with legal action. No dealer should take that long to sort out a problem these days with so much diagnostic equipment available. It's certainly not of merchantable quality so go get legal.
I personally would phone Vauxhall Customer Service to make sure they know about the situation. The dealer may be keeping it to themselves.
If all else fails there's always BBCs Watchdog?
Good luck.
2016 Astra 1.6CDTi SRi Nav 136 Sports Tourer. Power Red. Driver Assistance Pack, Parking Pack, Winter Pack, Dark Tinted Rear Windows, Steel spare wheel.
"What a difference a 'K' makes"

Crunchynut
Astra Model: Elite 1.6 diesel 136

Post by Crunchynut » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Lin66 wrote:I have recently bought a 2016 Astra 1.4 design from a main dealer with less than 10,000 on it. I had done very few miles, less than 100 in the car, thought that it did not feel quite right, bit sluggish at times, but put it down to getting used to it. Yesterday for the first time in the car on a motorway I had done about 80 miles, the traffic slowed and then started to move again but I could not get it above 63 and my foot was to the floor, lifted off and back down, still would not shift, I moved into inside lane and power came back. Further on a dual slip road, I had a similar problem, parrallel with wagon, I wanted to move in front but couldn't, the wagon had more power than me. I have arranged for it to be looked at by the dealership next week but given previous comment I am concerned, does anyone know if there is actually a problem with these cars or anything I should put to the dealership. Any advice appreciated. Thank you

I don't wish to insult your intelligence, but you hadn't inadvertently hit the speed limiter had you?
Elite 1.6 CDTi 136ps Hatch

Lin66

Post by Lin66 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:03 pm

Haha, nearly said, it doesn't have a limiter/cruise control, that's was what it felt like though. I also do a lot of motorway driving.

Return to “Main Astra K chat”