Fuel gauge reading

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K

Re: Fuel gauge reading

Postby bjrkhlm » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:58 am

1900sr wrote:
bjrkhlm wrote:Major update!

I've just got a call from the dealer. They will be swapping out my fuel tank and hopefully it will solve all my problems! Thankfully I was already booked for annual service next week and they will do the switch that day. Otherwise I would have had to wait at least one month due to fully scheduled mechanics!

Good luck with that, just had my tank changed and it does now read full on the app at 51 or 52 litres, but I'm sure it's still only got 48 in it. 1st fill after getting car back needle just below half, app reading 25 litres. Got 23 in, app showed 51 and full. I think at this point my maths is better than that of the car.

The fuel gauge now works perfectly thanks to the repair. The "consumption" also seems reasonable now. Unlike before when the gauge dropped like a stone to half a tank until 200 km and then barely moved.

Did a long trip this week and got 0,44 L / 10km (64 MPG). Quite impressive.
bjrkhlm

Postby xizaccyix » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Mine has got the gauge showing 7/8ths full issue.

Rang local dealer who says there is nothing on the service system showing any errors and when I mentioned this forum he laughed it off for some reason...

Anyway they are going to be taking a look at it in January..
Zac
-----------------------------------------
1.6 CDTi 136bhp Elite Nav
xizaccyix

Postby coldplayfan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:03 pm

on first picking the car up i put twenty pound in and it only took me to the first notch i got 107 miles mainly round town.red to red .i put in 20 pound again and it took it just under half but iv only got the same miles for 20 quid.its reading at between 37-41 mpg.i have the 1.6 sri 108 bhp with sports button.i hope the econemy improves a little
coldplayfan

Postby navmic » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:05 pm

I also have the fuel gauge needle showing 7/8th full on filling up completely.
Did it work for anybody with the software update?
navmic

Postby xizaccyix » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:28 am

Apparently mine is the fuel sender or something like that so waiting on parts (I did ask what exactly was wrong but they were rude and mumbled and I had been stood around for 20 minutes so didn't ask again).

Will let you know once the work has been carried out.

They also said there was a recall on it - software update - not fixed the 7/8ths and also they said android auto update would cost me (my car is early on 65 plate and doesn't have it)
Zac
xizaccyix

Postby Paulch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:42 pm

xizaccyix wrote:Apparently mine is the fuel sender or something like that so waiting on parts (I did ask what exactly was wrong but they were rude and mumbled and I had been stood around for 20 minutes so didn't ask again).

Will let you know once the work has been carried out.

They also said there was a recall on it - software update - not fixed the 7/8ths and also they said android auto update would cost me (my car is early on 65 plate and doesn't have it)

Hi

I notice you are in Lincoln which dealer is it?

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control and spare wheel. Power Red.
Paulch

Postby xizaccyix » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Pentagon - I don't have much choice - unless I go to Leadenham.

Are you near me then?
Zac
xizaccyix

Postby Paulch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:44 pm

xizaccyix wrote:Pentagon - I don't have much choice - unless I go to Leadenham.

Are you near me then?

Hi

About 25 miles away in Louth.

I spoke to Pentagon in August 2015 before the car was released but they had no information about the new Astra. However, when I spoke to my local dealer they new all about it and my order was placed with them around the end of August 2015. Car delivered January 2016.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control and spare wheel. Power Red.
Paulch

Postby xizaccyix » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Nice.. sounds good.

Like I said I would go somewhere else if I had a choice... had a Corsa black edition before the Astra and had runnings with Pentagon then over MOTs etc.

.. I actually bought it from a Drive dealership down in Bury St Edmunds (family discount).

So long as they sort my fuel gauge :)
Zac
xizaccyix

Postby 1900sr » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:28 pm

xizaccyix wrote:Nice.. sounds good.

Like I said I would go somewhere else if I had a choice... had a Corsa black edition before the Astra and had runnings with Pentagon then over MOTs etc.

.. I actually bought it from a Drive dealership down in Bury St Edmunds (family discount).

So long as they sort my fuel gauge :)

Troops might be worth a try, there's also Twells of Billinghay, but I personally wouldn't use them as they've annoyed me on two separate occasions over the years. Taylors in Spalding have had some experience as they have had mine in for the fuel gauge issue, they certainly know about the software update as they did my car. They also changed my fuel gauge sender, although that did no good. I've finally had the fuel tank swapped (it went back to Vauxhall in Luton for this), but if anything I think it's worse now. Vauxhall have said they can do no more, so I've given up.
1.0i Turbo SRi, Power Red.
1900sr

PreviousNext

Return to Faults & Technical