Breaking out the Champagne tonight..........

The place to discuss everything else..

Breaking out the Champagne tonight..........

Postby cooldad » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:27 pm

............to celebrate the extra few seconds of daylight we had today - hope everyone noticed ;) ;) ;)

Don't think it's going to change when my headlights decide to turn themselves on and off, though!

What's everyone doing for Christmas, by the way? :)

8-) 8-)
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad

Re: Breaking out the Champagne tonight..........

Postby christ_106 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Just had work night out last night.... Dying! Had too have a siesta, so lost daylight time :mrgreen:
2 weeks off now, woohoo!
Christmas and new year with the misses and kids, enjoy the time off together...

... And some time for modding :lol:
Astra SRi Nav 1.6i Turbo (200PS) S/S (MT6) - MY16.5
Carbon Flash
christ_106

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:57 pm

My youngest daughter and her husband (they got married in Sept) are coming to stay Christmas eve for a few days and he is bringing the duck I will cooking for Christmas Day. Then on Boxing Day my eldest daughter, husband, grandson and my new granddaughter (2 weeks old today) are coming for the day. So will have the whole family on Boxing day, and hopefully lots of fun.
Chris
Astra 1.4. Turbo Automatic Elite NAV with Drivers Assist and Parking Pack. Emerald Green
Chris

Postby Anupanu » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:18 pm

We are in North Yorkshire with my family, the Astra is still at home...over to my sister's on Christmas day for Lamb and Duck, home the following day for football...
Luxor Blue Insignia Elite Nav ST CDTi 163
Emerald Green Astra Elite CDTi 110 with Parking Pack, Driver Pack , Intellilux and Powered AGR Sports Seats
LED rear indicators, double rear fog and Insignia rear wiper
Anupanu

Postby cooldad » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:55 pm

Sounds pretty good so far, guys!

My younger son (who lives locally), my grandson and I are going to see my mum in the morning - she lives relatively close to me too. Then it's off to my partner's in N London to have Christmas lunch with her and her two sons. Don't know what meat will be involved but it won't be either duck (I don't eat things I wildlife watch) or lamb (red meat tends to give me guts ache!!). I'm told I'm a pain in the arse for being so finicky. Staying over with them, as long as she doesn't start playing Adele or Motown's Greatest Hits! ;) ;) Fortunately, her two lads are 'Indie boys', so I should be OK. ;) ;)

Boxing morning, I'm taking the Astra on a 400 mile / 700 km round trip to S Wales to see my older son, my other two grandchildren and my daughter. Possibly staying overnight down there before I head back to London. Phew!

8-) 8-)
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:24 am

I don't eat any meat, but I cook it for everyone else! I'll be having a Cashew Nut Roast (which all my meat eaters seem to tuck into as well), and loads of roast potatoes and yummy veggies.
Chris
Astra 1.4. Turbo Automatic Elite NAV with Drivers Assist and Parking Pack. Emerald Green
Chris

Postby cooldad » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:05 am

Chris wrote:I don't eat any meat, but I cook it for everyone else! I'll be having a Cashew Nut Roast (which all my meat eaters seem to tuck into as well), and loads of roast potatoes and yummy veggies.

Good for you, Chris! Wish I had the courage to go completely 'veggie', but I try and limit my meat intake to chicken (very occasionally) and most seafood (except crab or lobster, which I also 'wildlife watch', sad person that I am!) :) :) I drive my partner mad in that respect. I'm certainly with you on the veg component, however - sounds delicious!

Have a great time!

8-) 8-)
cooldad

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:25 am

Well I actually gave up meat about 20 years ago - for Lent, and never went back. I never intended to continue ....... Was the easiest Lent ever (worst was giving up coffee - NEVER again). My husband is/was a keen a bird watcher and we used to go out regularly but due to various reasons and his health, we don't do that much now and I really miss it - mostly the walking - I do find the hanging around a bit boring at times. Plus I had my car broken into on one of our trips (Langstone Harbour by Portsmouth) a couple of years ago and they stole his telescope which he had decided at the last minute not to take. This was also when his mother was ill and she subsequently died, and despite me suggesting I buy him a really good swarovski his enthusiasm never seemed to come back.

And now I seemed to have completely hijacked this thread!
Chris
Chris

Return to Off-Topic Chat