Bearing in mind.......

The place to discuss everything else..

Re: Bearing in mind.......

Postby cooldad » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:49 pm

Come off the fence, guys, speak your mind! :lol: :lol:

There's a story behind this.

My other half wanted to buy said item for a present, either for Christmas, or for my birthday, which is early in the New Year and said it would look nice on my red car :o :shock: :? . I didn't know whether to laugh, be offended or go along with it. She likes to think that she's all modern fashion-wise, bless her, but seeing as she listens to Smooth Radio (I think I may have mentioned this once or twice), you kind of get the picture!

I said I would canvass opinion on here and, thankfully, you didn't disappoint!! I'll just say that it would make the rim of the steering wheel too thick for my small hands. Imagine the indignity I would have suffered turning up to a meet, for example, with that on.....

OK, I'll go for the leopard skin one........................
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad

Postby Jeff16150 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:54 pm

cooldad wrote:Imagine the indignity I would have suffered turning up to a meet, for example, with that on.....

You said it. Be gentle with her, it's the thought that counts. :)
Summit White 1.4T 150 Elite Nav Automatic (Ordered 05.05.2016, Delivered 19.07.2016)
Parking Pack, Power Tilt & Slide Sunroof, Steel Emergency Spare Wheel.
Jeff16150

Postby cooldad » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:54 pm

Jeff16150 wrote:
cooldad wrote:Imagine the indignity I would have suffered turning up to a meet, for example, with that on.....

You said it. Be gentle with her, it's the thought that counts. :)

Lol, Jeff! :lol: :lol:

It's OK, we've sorted it. I've talked her out of the leopard skin one as well and I'm now getting the 'Best of Smooth Radio' playlist, so that I don't miss her when she's not around.................. ;) ;)
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad

Postby Dirk Dirkler » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:00 pm

cooldad wrote:and I'm now getting the 'Best of Smooth Radio' playlist, so that I don't miss her when she's not around.................. ;) ;)

So that'll be a short playlist then. ;)
Emerald Green. Oooh, shiny.
Dirk Dirkler

Postby cooldad » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:35 am

Dirk Dirkler wrote:

Lol! :lol: :lol:

Indeed! Being a Radio X / Radio 6 / Absolute listener, Smooth is my idea of hell (I may have mentioned this before ;) ;) )
cooldad

Postby Kyle93 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:37 am

cooldad wrote:
Dirk Dirkler wrote:

Lol! :lol: :lol:

Indeed! Being a Radio X / Radio 6 / Absolute listener, Smooth is my idea of hell (I may have mentioned this before ;) ;) )

I must be weird then because I will happily listen to both! :lol: Depends on my mood tbh, sometimes I'll listen to Magic Soul. :lol: :lol:
Sovereign Silver SRi Nav 1.6T - Intellilux, Winter Pack, Keyless Entry, Parking Sensors, Climate Control, Spare Wheel.
Kyle93

Postby cooldad » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:58 am

Kyle93 wrote:I must be weird then because I will happily listen to both! :lol: Depends on my mood tbh, sometimes I'll listen to Magic Soul. :lol: :lol:

Kyle, what can I say?! :o :shock: :? Such poor taste in one so young!! :lol: :lol: You've gone down in my estimation, mate (only joking) ;) ;)

My musical tastes are a bit narrow, admittedly! It's the one thing that she and I disagree on. I put 'Smooth' on occasionally in my car just to please her, but after a few miles / kilometres, I'm literally gnashing my teeth, especially if I'm stuck in traffic near the Blackwall Tunnel - there's only so much of the Carpenters, Lionel Richie and Smokey Robinson I can stand!! :lol:

Because I have to 'suffer' Smooth Radio when she's in her car, just to p*ss her off and retaliate, I sometimes put on 'Desolation' by the Neon Violets - check them out on YouTube, but make sure you've got nothing nearby which you can top yourself with! ;) :lol: Perhaps I need to grow up!

Anyway, we need to sort out another meet in the New Year seeing as the last one didn't happen. Have you joined Cornishtaz's Facebook group, by the way?

8-) 8-)
cooldad

Postby Kyle93 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:25 pm

cooldad wrote:
Kyle93 wrote:I must be weird then because I will happily listen to both! :lol: Depends on my mood tbh, sometimes I'll listen to Magic Soul. :lol: :lol:

Kyle, what can I say?! :o :shock: :? Such poor taste in one so young!! :lol: :lol: You've gone down in my estimation, mate (only joking) ;) ;)

My musical tastes are a bit narrow, admittedly! It's the one thing that she and I disagree on. I put 'Smooth' on occasionally in my car just to please her, but after a few miles / kilometres, I'm literally gnashing my teeth, especially if I'm stuck in traffic near the Blackwall Tunnel - there's only so much of the Carpenters, Lionel Richie and Smokey Robinson I can stand!! :lol:

Because I have to 'suffer' Smooth Radio when she's in her car, just to p*ss her off and retaliate, I sometimes put on 'Desolation' by the Neon Violets - check them out on YouTube, but make sure you've got nothing nearby which you can top yourself with! ;) :lol: Perhaps I need to grow up!

Anyway, we need to sort out another meet in the New Year seeing as the last one didn't happen. Have you joined Cornishtaz's Facebook group, by the way?

8-) 8-)

I have not, however I will do so now!

As for music, I tend to spend most of my time in the car switching between stations since I may like one song but not the next.
Sovereign Silver SRi Nav 1.6T - Intellilux, Winter Pack, Keyless Entry, Parking Sensors, Climate Control, Spare Wheel.
Kyle93

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Chat