IKEA affect

The place to discuss everything else..
PACMANIA

IKEA affect

Post by PACMANIA » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm

Is it just me or do all blokes argue with the missus when it comes to IKEA this morning drove up to Edmonton IKEA park up no problems. Me and my partner was in a good mood. I don't know what it is but after 20mins I hate that place I'm rushing her and I want to leave. And the argument over foolishness. The plan was to get two things in there. Ended up being 3 and bit hours. I notice IKEA as that affect on people loads of couples arguing over shit. Exit at the end so they make you walk for ages, end up storming of to the restaurant and sitting there like a c t. But there was loads of single guys either on there own or on there phone just looking bored. But one guy mention he had a new Astra. I over heard him on his phone. When he was done, I did a random thing started talking to him about the new Astra saying I had one blah blah. Had a good chuckle while the wife was doing her bit. It's turn out we had the same car minus the sunroof and he at tinted window. Anyway my missus came back and we left. And before you moan why didn't you help her we only came for a plant and to buy some meatballs :x But she did pick some nice stuff in between. Women why do put so much pressure on us guys :oops: ps You may asked what pressure sitting in the restaurant. Women have away of playing with men emotions to buy some silly thing at time. And I'm picking up the tab. I'm all better now

Jeff16150
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.4T 150 Automatic
Astra Options: Parking Pack, Sunroof & Spare Wheel
Astra Colour: Summit White

Re: IKEA affect

Post by Jeff16150 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:36 pm

Have to agree with you Pac, I get my daughter to go with my wife - problem solved! :lol:
Summit White 1.4T 150 Elite Nav Automatic (Ordered 05.05.2016, Delivered 19.07.2016)
Parking Pack, Power Tilt & Slide Sunroof, Steel Emergency Spare Wheel.

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Thank Jeff though I was the only one bloody ikea

Anupanu
Astra Model: Elite 1.6CDTi 110
Astra Options: Intellilux, Driver & Parking Pack, AGR Power Seats
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Post by Anupanu » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:26 pm

Don't know how close you are to Ikea, but they have opened a store less than three miles from home, I am now NEVER safe from a quick visit, unlike the day trip that we used to have to plan...
Had
5 Nova/Corsa
4 Astra, including this one
4 Cavalier/Vectra/Insignia, including this one

Chris
Astra Model: Elite Nav
Astra Options: Driver Assist and Parking Pack

Post by Chris » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:54 pm

Well I am female and I DETEST IKEA - I refuse to go there even though it is only a few miles from where I live. I think it is an appalling place, badly run and organised. I won't bore you the long long story of the last time I went (about 6 years ago) because my daughter wanted something and didn't want to pay the delivery charge, but suffice to say as we were driving out after a tortuous time in there, I remarked that still expected to have to wrestle Gollum before we finally got to drive out the place.
Chris
Astra 1.4. Turbo Automatic Elite NAV with Drivers Assist and Parking Pack. Emerald Green

mattonecz
Astra Model: K
Astra Options: front and rear park. sensors, dual clima
Astra Colour: white

Post by mattonecz » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:12 am

Yeah i know your feeling PAC, gf always needs to check all candles and just everything
1.4T 92kW, Enjoy - Dual AC, front and rear park sensors, 17"

Paulch
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T (200PS)
Astra Options: Parking pack, climate control, spare wheel, towbar
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by Paulch » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:06 am

Hi

I know what you mean. At least for me the nearest one is an hour and a half drive so I only have to go once a year. I hate the place as its like a never ending maze.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

cooldad
Astra Model: 1.6 SRi Turbo 200PS
Astra Options: 18" Alloys + IntelliLux LED Matrix Headlights
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by cooldad » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:45 am

Got to agree with you, PAC, and, indeed, everyone else!

Fortunately, my other half hates the place as well. I have two stores relatively near me and the only time I go in either of them is for a free coffee (sadly, I'm an 'IKEA Family Member' for that reason and that reason only) and / or a subsidised breakfast, which isn't that bad. Some of their food items are OK too. Otherwise, I'm in and out of the place before you know it. I couldn't stand the idea of wandering around there and just browsing and 'making a day of it'. Ugh! I'd rather watch paint dry....

One of my favourite comedians, Milton Jones, jokes about once working in IKEA. he says to the audience, 'Give me a number, any number, and I'll tell you about that item'. Someone shouts back, '238!' He says, 'Sorry, out of stock!' :D :D

Wonderful! :D
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.

Anupanu
Astra Model: Elite 1.6CDTi 110
Astra Options: Intellilux, Driver & Parking Pack, AGR Power Seats

Post by Anupanu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:40 pm

Proud of myself...

I was in and out of our local IKEA in less than 15 minutes today picking up a Christmas present, and it was only that long because I got lost trying to use the short cuts
Had
5 Nova/Corsa
4 Astra, including this one
4 Cavalier/Vectra/Insignia, including this one

christ_106
Astra Model: Astra SRi Nav 1.6i Turbo (200PS) S/S (MT6)
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash

Post by christ_106 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:07 am

I was 15mins at today IKEA too....

Point Blur_Dec192016_010435.jpg

... outside staring at my cracking car....
....Then I was 3 hours inside
Astra SRi Nav 1.6i Turbo (200PS) S/S (MT6) - MY16.5
Carbon Flash

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”