Astra j

The place to discuss everything else..

Astra j

Postby PACMANIA » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:32 pm

My friend just drop me home in his 64 Astra I cannot believe so many buttons on the front dashboard. You need a PhD to understand what each one does :lol: i said what does this button do. He said that for the nuclear codes. I believe him. He had the car 2 years and he doesn't know all the buttons. There was one what caught my eye. But was afraid to push it. Look like a parachute button for the passenger :roll: . For those of you rave on about it. Nothing special cluster and cluster of buttons. You think I have time to read the manual on that. That be like reading the bible the uncut version. Whatcar maqazine gave that car a coma out of ten he still sleeping poor chap. :lol: That car so bad I'm not sure if it BC or AC before coronation street or well you figure that one out :roll:
PACMANIA

Re: Astra j

Postby cornishtaz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:40 pm

I had 2 J GTCs and nothing confusing about it, but yes you are right the centre console does have a fair few buttons I think the K isnt too far off having the same amount there just alot smaller.
cornishtaz

Postby Razormatt » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:21 pm

My gtc had lots of buttons too but soon figured them out
Carbon Flash Elite Nav 1.4 (150PS) Turbo
Razormatt

Postby cooldad » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:17 am

cornishtaz wrote:I had 2 J GTCs and nothing confusing about it, but yes you are right the centre console does have a fair few buttons I think the K isnt too far off having the same amount there just alot smaller.

Absolutely agree!

When I test drove the 'K', initial impressions were that they'd considerably de-cluttered the 'cockpit', but you soon realise that most of the 'j" buttons are still there, but configured differently.

Furthermore, I certainly didn't find my 'J' confusing at all, you just get used to the layout :) :)
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad

Postby M1chaelR » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:18 am

My dad has an Astra J and while there are a boat load of buttons, they're easy enough to understand in the end. I still like the design of the J. I drove it again a while ago and the steering was notably heavier.
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack
M1chaelR

Postby cooldad » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:56 pm

M1chaelR wrote:I still like the design of the J. I drove it again a while ago and the steering was notably heavier.

Yeah, me too, Michael! :)

Sitting in front of the 'J's' instrument panel rather reminded me of being in an aircraft cockpit (and I've sat in quite a few of those too!). Interesting that you found the steering heavier on the 'J' :o :)
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad

Postby M1chaelR » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:31 am

That's pretty awesome, I've never been in an aircraft cockpit, although now I have some idea of what it's like :lol: .

I know, it wasn't massively different but it did feel heavier, my Dad's J is the SRi trim with the sportier suspension so maybe that had something to do with it.
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack
M1chaelR

Postby cooldad » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:29 am

M1chaelR wrote:That's pretty awesome, I've never been in an aircraft cockpit, although now I have some idea of what it's like :lol: .

Ha, ha, Michael!! :lol:

Just to clarify, although I wasn't uniformed, part of my job was to work closely with the RAF, Army and the Royal Navy helicopter squadrons (among others) and I used to get chances to 'ponce' loads of flights - all in the line of duty! :) :)

Anyway, boring, boring. To be fair, their instrument panels were a touch more complex than an Astra, but there's nothing like a bit of exaggeration to make your point :lol: :lol: ;)
cooldad

Return to Off-Topic Chat