Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Should I bother chasing for compensation?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Martintroy80 
#1 ·
Bought a 56 plate Astra 1.6 136 cdti the other day and went to the dealer to pick it up and the DPF light was on. I also sat in the car and noticed that the car had done 9k miles and not the 5k miles advertised online or on my paperwork. I'm waiting on the manager phoning me but should I realistically look for some sort of compensation? Also done about 200 miles motorway driving and the light is still on.....

#6 ·
If you've signed for it you may find it difficult to claim compensation. Might be worth giving it a go though.

#7 ·
If the DPF light was on when you collected the car, why did you drive it off the forecourt? I'm kinda curious because I'd never drive a car off a forecourt if there is any warning light that is on.

#8 ·
Yeah sorry typo is a 65 plate. I spoke to the mechanic when I picked it up and he said it should go out when on the motorway, I got in writing that if it hadn't gone within 100miles being driving they would sort it so it's in to Vauxhall on Thursday and they are giving me a courtesy car. I just thought I'd try my luck for a couple of free services for the mileage issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.