Max capacity of USB music?

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions

Re: Max capacity of USB music?

Postby christ_106 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:19 pm

In all honesty, I have 14,000 -ish tracks on a portable hard drive and there's not a song, artist or folder I haven't been able to browse or listen to! I double checked tonight, I tried to find somewhere on the navi 900 that would tell me how much tunes I have access to but can't see anything. So I went to songs, used scroll bar to get to 's', then just started swiping up to scroll down.... Did this for aaaggggeeeess.... And never got to 'r'.
A-Z, it's all there, and even in artists I've got loads of Various Artists albums, can't be sure every single track is there, but a hell of a lot of albums.
Browsing by folder view, it hasn't giving me any problems either
My navi 900 software version is 23415882
Gracenote 23199236
Hardrive formatted in fat32 filesystem
Music in mp3 format, various bitrates

Honestly guys, it's all there!
Astra SRi Nav 1.6i Turbo (200PS) S/S (MT6) - MY16.5
Carbon Flash
christ_106

Postby M1chaelR » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Nice! I've never tried anything larger than 32gb to be honest. I've started to use the last generation of iPod with the clickwheel which is 160gb capacity that I'd had in the drawer. It has about 40-45gb worth of stuff on it. Apart from it being a little slow to load the artists/track lists initially (I'm putting it down to the spinning hard drive inside of it), it works perfectly fine. Might be tempted by a bigger flash drive now I know it'd support it to get that extra speed.
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack
M1chaelR

Postby pete93 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:44 pm

kierweb wrote:I've got a 128GB stick, but haven't reached the song limit yet!

I also have the stick connected via a USB hub, so I can plug my phone in and use Android Auto at the same time - though the pain is, the USB doesn't have enough power to charge my phone while connected.

hmmm, that answer my worries. So you can connect android auto and usb stick at the same time using USB hub ...

Question is ... about charging ... is it just bad USB hub that you use? or ... you cannot charge at all no matter what usb hub you use?
pete93

Postby kierweb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:24 pm

pete93 wrote:
kierweb wrote:I've got a 128GB stick, but haven't reached the song limit yet!

I also have the stick connected via a USB hub, so I can plug my phone in and use Android Auto at the same time - though the pain is, the USB doesn't have enough power to charge my phone while connected.

hmmm, that answer my worries. So you can connect android auto and usb stick at the same time using USB hub ...

Question is ... about charging ... is it just bad USB hub that you use? or ... you cannot charge at all no matter what usb hub you use?

It's not the USB hub, there's not enough power in that USB socket to charge your phone unfortunately. I'm still trying to find a way of maybe powering up the USB hub (via the 12V socket) or use a splitter cable on the phone, so power comes from the 12V socket, but the data is connected to the USB socket.
Astra SRi 1.4T (150), Silver, 18" alloys, Tints, Winter pack, Parking Pack, Tinted Windows
kierweb

Postby morgoth » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:54 pm

You can probably try something like this - https://linitx.com/product/carnetix-cnx ... -hub/13024 - connect power to 12V socket and input to the usb in armrest, though you won't be able to use all 4 usbs in intellilink.
morgoth

Previous

Return to Main Astra K chat