Move the pedals

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions

Move the pedals

Postby Svensken » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:42 am

Here is a very peculiar question...

I am 185 cm tall and appearantly have longer legs and shorter arms than Opel's testdrivers as I find my legs a bit cramped and have to stretch for the wheel. I can assure you that I have my seat at an upright position and has set both the wheel and the seat at the lowest possible positions. The peculiar about it all is that my wife is only 165 cm tall (/short :-)) and she finds the most comfortable position to have the wheel the same as I have - closest possible. Who ever want to slide the wheel away from you towards the instrument panel one can ask...

Is it possible to move the pedals 2 cm further away from you into the foot well? It seems there is enough room for this (in normal situations at least - don't know if there is enough room in a car crash when the pedals are suppose to collaps in order not to cause damage to drivers feet).

Does anyone more than me reckon this issue? Why couldn't Opel have given the steering column 1,5 cm more travel?
Svensken

Re: Move the pedals

Postby cornishtaz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:07 pm

You could move the steering wheel closer
cornishtaz

Postby Svensken » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:43 am

Now I'm interested. If you already have set the wheel closest possible - is it possible to have it even further to you?
Svensken

Postby cornishtaz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:46 pm

If you already set the steering wheel reach and rake there's not a lot else you can do.
cornishtaz

Postby Kristis » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:09 pm

The single car i have driven with adjustable pedal possition was ferrari 458. Even then im not sure it is adjustable by stock :D so no, GM definetly doesnt have this option ;)
'16 Opel Astra 1.4T/150hp/RED/Innovation
Kristis

Postby Svensken » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:20 pm

I didn't mean as in push an electric button and the pedals will move ;-)

I meant if a mechanic manually would be able to move the whole piece a bit further into the foot well. I am not very handy myself but a lot of you have done incredible stuff with your cars. If it only is a coupe of screws perhaps it is easily done - or maybe it is completely impossible...
Svensken

Return to Main Astra K chat