Airbag Recall whos waiting

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions

Airbag Recall whos waiting

Postby grahamc » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi All, Has anyone had their car recalled and repaired

The reason I ask is that I was due to collect my new car from dealer 2 weeks ago and on the day was told cannot hand it over due to recall

Vauxhall have been aware of airbag issue for approx 8 weeks and still havent issued my dealer with rework instructionshas anyone succesfully had their car reworked and handed over

Or who are still waiting

Making daily calls to Vauxhall and still being told they are working on fix
grahamc

Re: Airbag Recall whos waiting

Postby Astra2016? » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi,
I'm living in The Netherlands. I also waited to get my car previous monday and got a phonecall from the dealer that there is a delivery stop in case of steering or passenger airbag. This week the dealer still has nothing news from Opel on how to fix this.
Astra2016?

Postby cooldad » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:52 pm

From what I can gather from other members' posts on here, there are, apparently, air bag recalls, drive shaft issues and a software / firmware update for the 'Intellilux' LED headlights and my dealer (as of last Fri) knows nothing about any of them! :o :shock:
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad

Postby grahamc » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Several things are really p-ssing me of with this Vauxhalls total lack of concern over this customer care is shtt (dealer is doing his best but is being ignored )
Also as we had done all the paperwork ( it was only when they tried to tax it that DVLA made them aware of recall ) I now have a car that is registered in my name as of 28th SEPT and warranty, on star ,data, breakdown cover, service plan, sureguard, etc all start from that date
It is really peculiar that the motoring press arent reporting on thismaybe Jezza Clarkson needs to be notified :lol: :lol:
grahamc

Postby Relic » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Here tool in the netherlands. Have been called before pickup about airbag issues and dealer is awaiting opel for clarification and fix.
Called last friday as I found out some cars are being delivered and some not. According to the dealer, the problem is with cars produced at a dertain period.
Dealer had no idea when opel would update them regarding the porblems, but he was hopefull it would be soon.
Relic

Postby Makuo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:30 pm

I have same problem in Finland. I have wait new car over 7 month and I call dealer last week and ask delivery time. Dealer didn't know why car is taking so much time but try to figure out that, after couple hours he call and tell that car is ready to delivery but there is secure issue and they don't know what that is and waiting information.... :-(
Makuo

Postby WillCornish » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:52 pm

Mine was meant to be delivered today but held up by the airbag recall, does anyone know how long it takes to be rectified? I was told 2 weeks.
WillCornish

Postby grahamc » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:02 pm

Well I am still waiting after 3 weeks and still no word :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
grahamc

Postby Astra2016? » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Hi Relic,
Have you heard something? Last week the dealer called, he got an email from Opel that soon there would be more information. Now a week later still no information about how long it will take.
Astra2016?

Postby Relic » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Astra2016? wrote:Hi Relic,
Have you heard something? Last week the dealer called, he got an email from Opel that soon there would be more information. Now a week later still no information about how long it will take.

Not a word. Plan to check with the dealer end of week.
It is odd to say the least. How hard would it be to figure out an issue such as with the airbag and propose a fix.
Relic

Next

Return to Main Astra K chat