Hi from North London

New to the Vauxhall Astra K Forums? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hi from North London

Postby cooldad » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:47 pm

Kyle93 wrote:
Have you tried coming off at the A10 roundabout and then taking the A111? You'd cut out driving through Palmers Green

Yes, mate, tried that!! I always seemed to get stuck in traffic going through Southgate, though. Nevertheless, it's not too bad and certainly better than continuing through to Arnos Grove! My tried and trusted route now is actually to 'tough out' the lights and get off at Green Lanes, just past what used to be the Jet garage (I call it the 'gangster garage' - everyone refuelling there seems to own a very tasty car and they get out of it cautiously as though they're expecting a drive by shooting! ;) ;) ), then I cut south of Broomfield Park, north of Arnos Park, along Morton Way, and through to E Barnet, and eventually Barnet, via Osidge La, etc. It can be tedious, but there no lights and few hold ups generally. The only thing p*ssing me off is getting stuck behind a 184 bus!

Kyle93 wrote:Not all of us are like that! I usually find that it's young guys in Mercedes, BMW, Audi and VW who are the worst drivers for that sort of thing.

You're absolutely right, but I can't resist taking a few of them on sometimes and I think they're surprised by how much a meagre little Vauxhall can give them a run for their money in their fifty grand plus motors!! :D :D
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad

Postby Kyle93 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:53 pm

cooldad wrote:You're absolutely right, but I can't resist taking a few of them on sometimes and I think they're surprised by how much a meagre little Vauxhall can give them a run for their money in their fifty grand plus motors!! :D :D

That's one of the things I'm going to enjoy about my new car the most I think, as someone said in another thread, "a wolf in sheep's clothing". Don't get me wrong I do like loud cars too, so long as they're done properly, not like when you see a crappy 90s Civic that's been modded to hell. I spent last summer in America and had access to a couple of Chevy Suburbans, now they were fun! 5.3 litre V8s, fast and sounded amazing! :D :D
Sovereign Silver SRi Nav 1.6T - Intellilux, Winter Pack, Keyless Entry, Parking Sensors, Climate Control, Spare Wheel.
Kyle93

Postby cooldad » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:31 am

Kyle93 wrote:
That's one of the things I'm going to enjoy about my new car the most I think, as someone said in another thread, "a wolf in sheep's clothing".

Definitely! :D

Anyway, stay in touch and keep us all posted! :) :)
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad

Postby Kyle93 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:54 am

Spoke to my sales advisor today, well, yesterday... anyway...
I finally have an update! My car is now estimated to arrive on or around the 6th November which is about two weeks earlier than originally planned :D :D

Now I just have the hassle of selling my 'H' before the end of the month when the insurance and tax run out!
Sovereign Silver SRi Nav 1.6T - Intellilux, Winter Pack, Keyless Entry, Parking Sensors, Climate Control, Spare Wheel.
Kyle93

Postby cooldad » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:20 am

Fantastic news!

Again, keep us posted! :) :)
cooldad

Postby Kyle93 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:59 am

Woken up this morning by a phone call to say that my car has arrived!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Going down today to sign some stuff then will pick it up on Monday!
Kyle93

Postby cooldad » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:22 am

Kyle93 wrote:Woken up this morning by a phone call to say that my car has arrived!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fantastic!

Let us know what your first impressions are, followed by pics, of course!

Let's postpone our 'race' round the N Circular until you're well 'run in'. Having said that, I believe there was some talk of trying to organise a 'meet'. You, Chris, myself and PACMANIA, for example, all live in and around London (as others probably do), so that should be relatively easy to organise
cooldad

Postby Kyle93 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 pm

cooldad wrote:
Kyle93 wrote:Woken up this morning by a phone call to say that my car has arrived!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fantastic!

Let us know what your first impressions are, followed by pics, of course!

Let's postpone our 'race' round the N Circular until you're well 'run in'. Having said that, I believe there was some talk of trying to organise a 'meet'. You, Chris, myself and PACMANIA, for example, all live in and around London (as others probably do), so that should be relatively easy to organise

I got a chance to see it quickly before I left, am super excited for Monday to say the least! Will be able to say a bit more once I've had it for a few hours!

Snapped a pic too (see below)

I would be up for a 'meet' at some point :D
IMG_3860.JPG
Kyle93

Postby PACMANIA » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:08 pm

Well done you can thank me for the matrix light the next 48hours we be like a week and you pick the best colour
PACMANIA

Postby PACMANIA » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:28 pm

I forgot to mention Kyle93 when you get your car Monday wait until dark time to test those bad boys. And if your car has any squeaks and rattles. I suppose it won't really bother you because your car lease. Thank god I have matrix :lol: enjoy
PACMANIA

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions