New to the Vauxhall Astra K Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kyle93
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T 200PS
Astra Options: Intellilux, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Keyless
Astra Colour: Sovereign Silver

Hi from North London

Post by Kyle93 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself, been looking at the forums for a while already. Just this Thursday finally got around to ordering my new Astra, with a lead time of three months! :o Will be leaving behind a 2007 Astra H. Quite annoyingly my insurance on the current one runs out two weeks before my estimated delivery date which will mean walking to work for me.

I haven't been this excited about anything in a long time!
Sovereign Silver SRi Nav 1.6T - Intellilux, Winter Pack, Keyless Entry, Parking Sensors, Climate Control, Spare Wheel.

Chris
Astra Model: Elite Nav
Astra Options: Driver Assist and Parking Pack
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Re: Hi from North London

Post by Chris » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:14 pm

Hope you enjoy it. What spec and colour have you ordered
Chris
Astra 1.4. Turbo Automatic Elite NAV with Drivers Assist and Parking Pack. Emerald Green

Kyle93

Post by Kyle93 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:28 pm

I've gone for a Sovereign Silver SRi Nav 1.6T with keyless entry, parking sensors, intellilux headlights and the winter pack. Although on my paperwork the colour is listed as grey so tomorrow I will be calling to confirm what they have down.
Sovereign Silver SRi Nav 1.6T - Intellilux, Winter Pack, Keyless Entry, Parking Sensors, Climate Control, Spare Wheel.

albany
Astra Model: Tech line 1.4 125ps
Astra Options: space saver spare wheel
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Post by albany » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:27 am

Why will you have to walk to work all you have to do is transfer your insurance,by the way compared to the Astra H the K is like a tin can.
Tech Line 1.4t 125ps Emerald Green, space saver wheel.

Kyle93

Post by Kyle93 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:46 am

My current insurer, Axa, will renew my H for £879, but they won't insure me on the K as it has a turbo and I am "too young". The cheapest quote for the K (Admiral, at £800), will charge me 1100 to insure the H I currently have. I'd rather walk to work for two weeks and not have all the hassle.

Truth be told I would've liked to keep my H for a while longer, but I'm told it needs a new clutch/flywheel as well as coming up on a cambelt change. Which is a shame because otherwise it's in great condition.

image.jpeg

cooldad
Astra Model: 1.6 SRi Turbo 200PS
Astra Options: 18" Alloys + IntelliLux LED Matrix Headlights
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by cooldad » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Whereabouts in N London are you, if you don't mind my asking? I was born over that way, but I now live south of the river (shock, horror! :o :o ).

My partner lives in Barnet, so I regularly have the joy of driving round to her via the N Circular, having a few tussles with Mercs and beamers on the way!!

Incidentally, you'll enjoy that 200PS you're getting under the bonnet - the car goes like sh*t off a shovel, even without the sport button! :) :)
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.

Kyle93

Post by Kyle93 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:06 pm

cooldad wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Whereabouts in N London are you, if you don't mind my asking? I was born over that way, but I now live south of the river (shock, horror! :o :o ).

My partner lives in Barnet, so I regularly have the joy of driving round to her via the N Circular, having a few tussles with Mercs and beamers on the way!!

Incidentally, you'll enjoy that 200PS you're getting under the bonnet - the car goes like sh*t off a shovel, even without the sport button! :) :)
Cheers!

Not at all, I live in Enfield. The A406 is horrible isn't it? :roll: :lol:

I'm looking forward to it immensely! I spoke to the dealer on Monday and learnt that it had been ordered the same day. Just a shame about the long wait (13 weeks now), I'm hoping it will come sooner.

cornishtaz
Astra Model: 1.6CDTi SRi Nav 136bhp
Astra Options: To many to list

Post by cornishtaz » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:12 pm

Welcome the wait will be worth it. I really liked my old 1.9cdti Sport hatch looked really good and was mapped from 150 to 210bhp.

cooldad
Astra Model: 1.6 SRi Turbo 200PS
Astra Options: 18" Alloys + IntelliLux LED Matrix Headlights

Post by cooldad » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:13 am

Kyle93 wrote:
Cheers!

Not at all, I live in Enfield. The A406 is horrible isn't it? :roll: :lol:

I'm looking forward to it immensely! I spoke to the dealer on Monday and learnt that it had been ordered the same day. Just a shame about the long wait (13 weeks now), I'm hoping it will come sooner.
You're right about the A406! After I've negotiated the Blackwall Tunnel (and wondered whether my lights are going to switch on and off quickly enough ;) see elsewhere on the forum about that! ;) ), I take the A13 to the Redbridge Roundabout and then get off at Green Lanes and drive through to Barnet from there. In that way, I avoid the worst of the N Circular (ie, all the traffic lights, etc). Incidentally, I love the way all you N London guys stick to the speed limit and never overtake on the inside (not! ;) :o :lol: ).

As for the wait, I suppose I was pretty lucky insofar as I ordered mine mid Feb and it was delivered end of Apr, which was slightly earlier than originally scheduled.

Anyway, keep us posted on delivery progress and, as soon as you've run the car in, I'll give you a race from Enfield to Redbridge!! ;) ;)
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.

Kyle93

Post by Kyle93 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:31 am

cooldad wrote:
You're right about the A406! After I've negotiated the Blackwall Tunnel (and wondered whether my lights are going to switch on and off quickly enough ;) see elsewhere on the forum about that! ;) ), I take the A13 to the Redbridge Roundabout and then get off at Green Lanes and drive through to Barnet from there. In that way, I avoid the worst of the N Circular (ie, all the traffic lights, etc). Incidentally, I love the way all you N London guys stick to the speed limit and never overtake on the inside (not! ;) :o :lol: ).

As for the wait, I suppose I was pretty lucky insofar as I ordered mine mid Feb and it was delivered end of Apr, which was slightly earlier than originally scheduled.

Anyway, keep us posted on delivery progress and, as soon as you've run the car in, I'll give you a race from Enfield to Redbridge!! ;) ;)
I think I saw a thread about the lights, my current Astra has auto lights and they work really well. Will be interesting to see how the new one does.

If there's one road I truly hate it is Green Lanes, specifically the part of it in Harringay with "the ladder". It's always so busy and can take up to an hour to get through it!

Have you tried coming off at the A10 roundabout and then taking the A111? You'd cut out driving through Palmers Green.

Not all of us are like that! I usually find that it's young guys in Mercedes, BMW, Audi and VW who are the worst drivers for that sort of thing.

As for the new car, will do! I've been told I'll get an update every 2/3 weeks, hopefully nothing will go wrong to make my wait even longer!

You've got yourself a deal! :lol: :D

Return to “Introductions”