Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Phone Holder

18K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Ty5500 
#1 ·
Phone Holder for sale clips onto the power flex bar.

My phone is too large to fit so can't be used after buying it.

£35.00

#12 ·
#13 ·
#14 ·
NIGHTCD said:
How about the new phone holder for the 2017 models, will they fit an 2016 model?

They can hold larger phones
Hi

Yes I can confirm that this fits earlier models than 2017 as I have just purchased it and it fits and works perfectly. And my iPhone 7plus fits in quite nice.

#15 ·
Great news, no need to buy a new car if I decide to buy a bigger phone. :) My current Galaxy S7 (non-Edge) fits in the old holder really well, even with a case.

#17 ·
jt123 said:
So would this new holder be part 39079103 from genuine parts search? £41.64?
Yes and I ordered it directly from my dealer and it cost £41.22 and took a week to get as it came from Germany.

#18 ·
Hi
Just ordered one of the 'Opel' new size holders from my dealer, he did ask where the part number came from and then mentioned that it was an Opel part not Vauxhall. In stock from warehouse should have in 2 days so not sure why the mystery? Hopefully it will be here soon.
Could someone let me know how these work, is the powerflex bar 'live' as far as the power goes so when accessories are attached they power up automatically? I note there is a charge cable attached for connection to the phone and hoping this comes direct from the power bar to save opening up the fuse board behind the shiny panel? Be interested to know as I am another owner who has not seen the adaptor tool for opening up the fuse box, I have asked my dealer to source one for me as it has not been in the car from new. Is there a part number for it I wonder?
I'll post back when installed.

#19 ·
PeteVX16 said:
Hi
Just ordered one of the 'Opel' new size holders from my dealer, he did ask where the part number came from and then mentioned that it was an Opel part not Vauxhall. In stock from warehouse should have in 2 days so not sure why the mystery? Hopefully it will be here soon.
Could someone let me know how these work, is the powerflex bar 'live' as far as the power goes so when accessories are attached they power up automatically? I note there is a charge cable attached for connection to the phone and hoping this comes direct from the power bar to save opening up the fuse board behind the shiny panel? Be interested to know as I am another owner who has not seen the adaptor tool for opening up the fuse box, I have asked my dealer to source one for me as it has not been in the car from new. Is there a part number for it I wonder?
I'll post back when installed.
Hi I have fitted this phone holder to my car. The powerflex bar provides power to the phone holder and the USB lead provides power from the phone holder to the phone so no need to access the fuseboard behind.

Hope this helps

#21 ·
Ty5500 said:
Can you use the cable from the phone holder for android auto? For me android auto only works with the usb socket in the armrest. I'm not sure however if its cable related or not.
Armest only for Android Auto. The phone holder USB socket does not work with Android Auto or Apple Carplay.

#24 ·
Ty5500 said:
That's stupid. Than you still need a cable from the armrest. Makes the phone holder a bit obsolete.
I suppose it's because the PowerFlex bar is an optional accessory. That said, if you're running Android Auto, the screen on the phone is blank anyway - no reason to be able to see the screen. The phone holder is better for the times when you need to see the screen instead, or to charge up a passenger's phone.

The situation is not ideal, maybe, but it's how it is. My dealer said it was possible to wire in the PowerFlex bar to make it work with Android Auto, but you needed to be pretty handy. I don't think it's an official modification in any way.

#26 ·
Corbil said:
It seems that there are 2 part numbers for mobile holders

a) 39079103
b) 13471402

...cause I don't have any idea which to choose.....I have an Iphone 4s and Iam planning to buy the Iphone 8. Which holder should I choose?
They made the phone holder bigger for the bigger phones. The first one is the new version that allows bigger phones.
Both phone holders are on this site with their dimensions but i think the old one wont be supplied anymore
https://www.opel-accessories.com/opel_aoc/en-DE/Astra_K_5-dr/Comfort_&_Care/Passenger_Compartment/39079103

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.