Two boot lights instead of one!

Useful How To posts

Re: Two boot lights instead of one!

Postby Proph » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:08 pm

I was thinking of doing that but didn't want to crack the bulb
1.0 Turbo SRI NAV (105) Start/Stop Ecoflex in White
powerflex bar, silver rimsavers & matching piano black driving instructor roof sign
Proph

Postby Proph » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:10 pm

Just an update, I managed to fit the roof interior panel back on and I fitted an LED into the boot courtesy light, I ran a strip of LED from the same boot light connection but it suddenly dawned on me that the extra load may cause problems so I disconnected it, what do you think?
powerflex bar, silver rimsavers & matching piano black driving instructor roof sign
Proph

Postby Razormatt » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:59 pm

If it's led it will draw less power than the standard bulbs
Carbon Flash Elite Nav 1.4 (150PS) Turbo
Razormatt

Postby Proph » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:16 pm

Yes but will an LED bulb plus 1 or 2 LED strips piggy backing on the same connection be safe?
Proph

Postby EvilScotsman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Like the LED strips you have in the foot wells DCX, look really good for the car. Planning to add them into my Astra when I get the change but was wondering if there might be a simpler way to wire them into the Dome Switch (Central Console Light) circuit so that they turn on and off when you get in and out of the car.

Instead of running a length of wire up to the Central Console Light itself, could you try piggy backing off the wiring for the Central Console light at the Fuse box/Wire Terminals? I've seen some people managing to do it on the Instructables site and was going to do the same myself, but I'm struggling to understand which fuse/wire terminal relates to the Central Console light circuit.

Anyone able to help me out with this? If not, might need to break the old Multimeter out and snoop about to identify which wires relate to it.

Cheers in advance for help.
Astra 1.6 SRi Nav Turbo 200PS, Power Red.
18" bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, parking pack sensors, privacy glass, ergonomic seats, mud-flaps, S/S pedals, S/S door sills.
EvilScotsman

Postby EvilScotsman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:22 pm

joe.bloggs1 wrote:
cornishtaz wrote:This is on go do list but I was going to use these

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 53&alt=web

Bit more expensive and some minor mods required but the light output is alot better.

No need for them. Too expensive and you will get about the same light output from these bulbs.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/351284342773

Did the bulbs listed above work for you Joe? I tried to fit some CANBUS friendly bulbs to my Astra but they didn't seem to work so was wondering if these might of.
Astra 1.6 SRi Nav Turbo 200PS, Power Red.
18" bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, parking pack sensors, privacy glass, ergonomic seats, mud-flaps, S/S pedals, S/S door sills.
EvilScotsman

Postby AdieMcc » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:22 am

I've ordered a curtesy light for the boot from Vauxhall and some wire off eBay. How do I make a connection to the light housing and the other housing? They have a little black box plugged into them with the wires securely fitted for a good connection. Do I need one of them boxes aswell?
Astra K 1.4T 150 Nav. Black,18" wheels, sensors front/back, heated seats/steering wheel, shark fin aerial, washed every 2 days :D
AdieMcc

Postby AdieMcc » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:54 pm

Ok, been searching online for an answer and found this thread about adding a second boot light. Seems this is the way to go. So just bought a soldering iron kit off eBay for £9.50. I'll post some pictures in a few day of how I got on 8-)

http://www.vodc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16460
Astra K 1.4T 150 Nav. Black,18" wheels, sensors front/back, heated seats/steering wheel, shark fin aerial, washed every 2 days :D
AdieMcc

Postby davidw » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:40 pm

I may be being a bit stupid, but do you have to cut a hole in the wall to fit it?
(On Order) Astra Hatchback Elite Nav |1.6i Turbo | 200 bhp | Cosmic Grey | Intellilux Matrix Headlights | Dark Rear Windows | Keyless Entry | Sports Seats (AGR - Approved) | Front and Rear Parking Sensors
davidw

Postby AdieMcc » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:47 pm

The hole is already there.
AdieMcc

PreviousNext

Return to How To