How to fit Elite door LED

Useful How To posts

How to fit Elite door LED

Postby cornishtaz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:18 pm

How-to for fitting the Elite door ambient into a SRi door card

First thing to do before buying parts is to check you've got Pin 38 in the plug on the door pillar

Push down on the rubber boot to disengage top lug then disengage bottom lug
Ease out plug by using your trim tool to disengage the locking lever for the plug
Pin 38 highlighted with red dot.

Part numbers are
I bought a 2nd hand Astra J front door loom so I could use the pins required

Tools req'd
Trim Tool
Small watchmakers
Bit driver
7mm Socket
Soldering iron

Removal of the door card care should be taken as it's easy to damage or break some of the clips

1. Remove the door handle trim care should be taken. Start at the middle and move forward disconnecting the clips then move rearwards and finally once all clips are out slide the handle forward to disengage the rear locate(green mark)

2.Using watchmakers remove the cover by the interior door release

3. Remove qty 5 7mm bolts
1 behind the cover just removed
2 behind the door trim
2 on lower edge of the door card

4. Starting from the bottom remove the door card there are 6 plastic clips around the edge and can be very hard to remove. Once the bottom, front and rear edges are clear carefully lift the door card off the window rubber.

5. Disconnect the door release cable by pushing down the plastic lug to disengage the clip then slide the white part rearwards and slide the cable out of its locator on the handle

6. Disconnect the window switch elec connector, when doing the drivers side there are 2 connectors on the window switch and also the door lock switch.

7. Lay the door card on something protective, lift the foam covering and feed the non plug end through the slot on the rear edge.

8. Feed the tube along the where the door trim was and clip the locating lugs into the door trim

9.Clip the final lug(next to the plug) into the hole on back face

10. If not already done complete the top 2 steps to remove the door pillar plug.

The following 2 steps are optional but will make it easier to run the new power cable.

11. Remove the 7mm bolt holding the speaker in unclip and remove

12. Feed the loom through the door from the pillar side and out the speaker aperature

13. Carefully remove the tape around the loom next to the plug and feed your new cable with pin form door side towards the plug and fit it into position 38 and re-insulate the loom

14. I then fed the cable up and through the grommet where the mirror loom goes ensuring that the cable isn't affected by the window runner.

15. Unwrap the earth joint and solder a length of cable to it (or you could use a scotch lock)

16. run the new wiring tidily along the loom running towards the elec window plug but leaving approx 4 inches free

17. Refit door card in reverse order to above ensure all elec connectors are reconnected. I just pushed the led pins into the LED connector, there is a loom available but not cheap and I've not been able to find the correct connector anywhere.

Pin for door plug

Pin for led plug

LED plug power connection

End result. At a later date I'm going to be looking for a brighter led as not impressed with the brightness

I'll update this thread with any improvements I find.

I take no responsibility for any damage you cause while following this how-to but if you take your time you shouldn't have an issue
cornishtaz

Re: How to fit Elite LED

Postby Razormatt » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Looking good mate

When you come to change your car next time someone will get a great second hand motor :mrgreen:

Don't know why they didn't put leds around the gear shifter like the GTC I use to have would have finished it off nicely
Carbon Flash Elite Nav 1.4 (150PS) Turbo
Razormatt

Postby UKtekkie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:37 am

Thanks Cornishtaz - your instructions are excellent and very detailed, as always, but I confess it's more effort than I was expecting. I'm guessing it must have been at least 2-3 hours, at least, if you did both front doors?

It's a pity it's so tricky but I guess Vauxhall don't expect customers to do it (and they'd rather sell Elites in the first place).
Last edited by UKtekkie on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Astra SRi Nav 1.4i (150) with Intellilux, Parking Pack, Sunroof, Climate Control, Winter Pack, AGR seat.
UKtekkie

Postby cornishtaz » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:47 am

First door took about an hour second one alot quicker. I'm looking into the gear surround lighting as I saw on the online EPC there is an option for it.

I would have gone for an Elite but it wasn't on 0% finance like the SRi
cornishtaz

Postby Razormatt » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:15 am

I would be very interested in the gear change surround strange it's listed as I haven't seen it mentioned on any model
Carbon Flash Elite Nav 1.4 (150PS) Turbo
Razormatt

Postby Bunnies5 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:01 am

Great information and pictures helpful! :mrgreen:
Bunnies5

Postby Lowe » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:04 pm

cornishtaz wrote:First door took about an hour second one alot quicker. I'm looking into the gear surround lighting as I saw on the online EPC there is an option for it.

Looks fabulous. Where did you find the online EPC?
1.6t Petrol ST | Intellilux | Led Rearlights | Electric P Brake |Park assist | 18" Bi Colour Wheels | Intellink 900 Navi | Winter Package 2 | Keyless Entry | Electrical Boot
Lowe

Postby cornishtaz » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:15 pm

Lowe wrote:
cornishtaz wrote:First door took about an hour second one alot quicker. I'm looking into the gear surround lighting as I saw on the online EPC there is an option for it.

Looks fabulous. Where did you find the online EPC?

I have an account with the online GM system, i have to pay for access so make a list of info I'm after to make the most of the charge for online access
cornishtaz

Postby acireydal » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:20 pm

Elite Nav 1.4 T Power Red

Hello, Excuse me for coming in at this stage but I have a Elite Nav and I don't seem to have any Elite door ambient light how do I get it on I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as I am a female in distress.

Regards Erica.
acireydal

Postby cornishtaz » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:11 am

acireydal wrote:Elite Nav 1.4 T Power Red

Hello, Excuse me for coming in at this stage but I have a Elite Nav and I don't seem to have any Elite door ambient light how do I get it on I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as I am a female in distress.

Regards Erica.

I'd go back to your dealer as you should have it fitted as its standard on the Elite trim
cornishtaz

Next

Return to How To