Re: Fuel gauge reading

Postby Razormatt » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:54 pm

that sounds like just a dab station update
Carbon Flash Elite Nav 1.4 (150PS) Turbo
Razormatt

Postby 1900sr » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:35 pm

Razormatt wrote:that sounds like just a dab station update

I'm sure it was software/firmware rather than just a station update.

With regards to the fuel gauge problem, the car is now booked in for Tuesday next week for the dealer to look at. I'll report back when there's any more news.
1.0i Turbo SRi, Power Red.
1900sr

Postby 1900sr » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:22 pm

Well, the dealer has changed the fuel sender on advice I believe from Vauxhall. A pig of a job that involved dropping the tank apparently. I've been asked to fill it and give it time to to re-calibrate but early signs are that it's just the same, certainly after the fill it still didn't read full, although it was reading over 7/8 this time. Onstar app still reported 48 litres 91% though.
1900sr

Postby cornishtaz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:11 pm

I'll be filling up again soon so will see ehat the fuel gauge reads. I know last time I filled up when the pump clicked off the guage was approx 7/8s
cornishtaz

Postby 1900sr » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:32 pm

By the time I got it home, approx 16 miles it was back to 7/8 on the gauge.
1900sr

Postby Sandy85 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 pm

I picked mine up yesterday and was assured that it had a full tank and I believe the salesman is telling the truth. He said itfilled till the pump clicked off but by the time he drove the short distance from the petrol station and me picking it up three days later it was reading 7/8 and I've since done approx 25 miles and the gauge is at 3/4.

The salesman told me there have been issues with the new corsa fuel gauges aswell but vauxhall don't seem to have got to the bottom of it yet.

As long as Im still getting decent mileage between fills I'll be happy, but I'll be getting it booked in for repair once the vauxhall have released a proper fix.
Sandy85

Postby 1900sr » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:21 pm

I'll keep the board updated. My dealer has had another complaint on the same thing and are also planning to check and change the sender, but they may hold off until I've reported back to them. I have let them know that it didn't read correctly at first fill.

As an aside, to get it absolutely full they recommend filling until first click, waiting a few seconds, going to second click, waiting again and going to third click. Apparently the design of the tank means the pressure build up a bit quicker than normal. The owners handbook does say after cut off it can be topped up with a maximum of two further doses.
1900sr

Postby cornishtaz » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:51 pm

I had to refuel today so took some pictures of before and after filling

Almost empty but still got 65 mile range

After filling and stopping at the 2nd click as per the manual this was 43.19lts

Onstar readings

Also worked out my consumption I travelled 500.8 miles average reading was 61.8mpg, but if you work out mileage and fill up amount I get 52.6mpg. Nearly 10mpg out so over a full tank this would equate to approx 100 miles so the trip computer may show the published mpg figures but in reality you'll never see them in tge real world.

I'm going to be raising my concerns with my dealership and Vauxhall customer service and sending them the pictures and figures.
cornishtaz

Postby 1900sr » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:07 pm

That is a long way out on the reading, mine reads a couple of mpg over, but 10 is ridiculous.

My car is 30% below the official combined figure which I think is taking the mickey just a bit, but it sounds like yours is similar from the figures you've posted there. I really don't know if we have a case against VX or our dealers though as they point out that the official figures are produced under lab conditions and may not be achievable in the real world. I do think that 30% below is a joke though.
1900sr

Postby cornishtaz » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Well email sent slong with pictures snd figures. Lets see what the response is.
cornishtaz

PreviousNext

Return to Faults & Technical