Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Paulch
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T (200PS)
Astra Options: Parking pack, climate control, spare wheel, towbar
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Park sensors beep volume

Post by Paulch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:04 pm

SMS2 wrote:Hello,

Is there any update available that disable the beeping if the car is in neutral gear?
Hi

I should find out on Thursday as my car is in for a service and that's one of the things I've asked them to check.

Edit - nothing available for this according to my dealer.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

SMS2
Astra Model: K
Astra Options: Enjoy, B14XFL, 92 kW / 125 CP, S/S, MT6, navi900
Astra Colour: Dark Coconut

Post by SMS2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:36 am

They connect the car to computer and make a check for updates after selecting the module responsible for parking?... or just told you "there is nothing"? :)

PS: if you edit post i do not receive the email notification... (anyway, i checked this topic twice per day in the last 2 days waiting your reply :)) )
Astra K (Oct.2015), Enjoy, B14XFL, 92 kW / 125 HP, S/S, MT6, 17", Navi900, Option: UD5, LP0O, LP0P, 2EB, TSP, TSQ, T3U, UTJ, CJ2...

Paulch

Post by Paulch » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:29 am

SMS2 wrote:They connect the car to computer and make a check for updates after selecting the module responsible for parking?... or just told you "there is nothing"? :)

PS: if you edit post i do not receive the email notification... (anyway, i checked this topic twice per day in the last 2 days waiting your reply :)) )
Hi

They checked the update system and didn't find anything.

Thats a bit silly of the forum software but noted for next time.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

SMS2
Astra Model: K
Astra Options: Enjoy, B14XFL, 92 kW / 125 CP, S/S, MT6, navi900
Astra Colour: Dark Coconut

Post by SMS2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:03 am

if "update system" is that page where they type in the VIN and get the recalls list, then there will never be found a software update for sound of parking sensors... is not that "urgent" to create a recall for this.

not even the Android update was found based on VIN no.

I will give it a try and check (with obd tool connected on the car at a garrage).
Astra K (Oct.2015), Enjoy, B14XFL, 92 kW / 125 HP, S/S, MT6, 17", Navi900, Option: UD5, LP0O, LP0P, 2EB, TSP, TSQ, T3U, UTJ, CJ2...

Paulch

Post by Paulch » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:08 am

SMS2 wrote:if "update system" is that page where they type in the VIN and get the recalls list, then there will never be found a software update for sound of parking sensors... is not that "urgent" to create a recall for this.

not even the Android update was found based on VIN no.

I will give it a try and check (with obd tool connected on the car at a garrage).
Hi

As I wasn't there I can't be more specific but I am assuming it was the page you describe above. They did apply an update for the screen going blank but I don't know if this would also show any other updates available.

Cheers

Paul

Return to “Faults & Technical”