Park sensors beep volume

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K

Park sensors beep volume

Postby serafko » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Hello from Slovenia.

My Astra is 14 days old.
Configuration is:
5 door, 1.4/125 manual 6 gear, innovation, colour Flip Chip Silver
driver assistance pack, Rear view camera, The blind spot warning, advanced parking assistance, Intellilux, winter pack 2, Navi 900 IntelliLink, keyless entry system.

I like the car, but park sensors beep volume is much too high for me.
Decrease the volume settings of the car does not change the beep volume.

There is the thread in German forum about that, and It looks like they did not find solutions.

http://www.astra-k-forum.de/index.php/T ... t%C3%B6ne/

Maybe someone here knows a solution for that?

Thanks in advance and regards.
serafko

Re: Park sensors beep volume

Postby ArcanumFox » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:40 pm

You can change the volume of the rear sensors just not the fronts.

It's in the Comfort Settings of the car (not the car radio volume). You need to lower the 'Chime' volume which will reduce the beeping :).

Hope this helps.
Vauxhall Service Advisor in the Midlands
Astra K 2016 Registered 12/11/2015 1.4 Turbo (150BHP) SRi Nav Carbon Flash (Black)
ArcanumFox

Postby serafko » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:02 pm

Thank you ArcanumFox, but whatever settings i select in 'Chime volume', that does not affect the level of the beeping volume of the rear park sensors.
Perhaps I am doing something wrong?
serafko

Postby Opastra » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:59 pm

I don't think you can decrease the volume. Factory set.
Opastra

Postby Paulch » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Opastra wrote:I don't think you can decrease the volume. Factory set.

Hi

I get that feeling too as I tried to use the chime volume to reduce it and it made no difference.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control and spare wheel. Power Red.
Paulch

Postby ArcanumFox » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:21 am

When I queried this at work Vauxhall HQ came back to be me and said volume can be changed in Chime Volume Settings but only for one set of sensors. I'll found out which and report back.

However! If it will not change on Chime Volume change it may be possible to be changed via Vauxhall dealership MDI tool. I will find out for you all tomorrow (the beep volume is quite loud!)

Try both front and rears with chime volume at very bottom and then very top. Tell me if any difference or not. I am sure they said only read can be reduced by chime settings but I may be wrong.
Vauxhall Service Advisor in the Midlands
Astra K 2016 Registered 12/11/2015 1.4 Turbo (150BHP) SRi Nav Carbon Flash (Black)
ArcanumFox

Postby Paulch » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:59 am

ArcanumFox wrote:When I queried this at work Vauxhall HQ came back to be me and said volume can be changed in Chime Volume Settings but only for one set of sensors. I'll found out which and report back.

However! If it will not change on Chime Volume change it may be possible to be changed via Vauxhall dealership MDI tool. I will find out for you all tomorrow (the beep volume is quite loud!)

Try both front and rears with chime volume at very bottom and then very top. Tell me if any difference or not. I am sure they said only read can be reduced by chime settings but I may be wrong.

Hi

Makes no difference if the chime volume is at minimum or maximum.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control and spare wheel. Power Red.
Paulch

Postby SwissTJ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:25 am

Personally, I'd rather have a loud beep than hit something, but each to their own.
Views are my own
SwissTJ

Postby serafko » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:57 am

ArcanumFox wrote:When I queried this at work Vauxhall HQ came back to be me and said volume can be changed in Chime Volume Settings but only for one set of sensors. I'll found out which and report back.

Hi AcranumFox, Did you manage to find out something?
serafko

Postby SMS2 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:47 am

Hello,

Is there any update available that disable the beeping if the car is in neutral gear?
Astra K (Oct.2015), Enjoy, B14XFL, 92 kW / 125 HP, S/S, MT6, 17", Navi900, Option: UD5, LP0O, LP0P, 2EB, TSP, TSQ, T3U, UTJ, CJ2...
SMS2

Next

Return to Faults & Technical