Maps direction volume

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Astraix

Maps direction volume

Post by Astraix » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Has anyone found how to increase the maps direction volume? The Apple.com website provides information on this subject where a volume slider icon appears on the touch screen but it is USA application related. Spoke to the local Halfords audio expert ( they sell third party Carplay units) and he informed me that Maps volume has been preset by Vauxhall and there are no driver adjustments available. He also commented that the preset volume was "low". Can the dealerships, through there service software, adjust the volume?
Alternatively, can the main volume be muted when maps direction is active?

M1chaelR
Astra Model: SRi 1.4 Turbo Auto
Astra Options: Winter pack, Front and rear parking sensors
Astra Colour: Summit White

Re: Maps direction volume

Post by M1chaelR » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:30 pm

It may have been something you've already tried but I generally find that you can turn the volume up on speech when the voice is active, although I've not tried this on Apple Maps with car play as my other half doesn't have an iPhone any more.

Have you tried the maps and carplay settings on the phone to see if there is a voice setting in there?
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack

Chris
Astra Model: Elite Nav
Astra Options: Driver Assist and Parking Pack
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Post by Chris » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:52 pm

well that's one advantage of having the NAV version.
Chris
Astra 1.4. Turbo Automatic Elite NAV with Drivers Assist and Parking Pack. Emerald Green

Anupanu
Astra Model: Elite 1.6CDTi 110
Astra Options: Intellilux, Driver & Parking Pack, AGR Power Seats
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Post by Anupanu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:23 pm

M1chaelR wrote:It may have been something you've already tried but I generally find that you can turn the volume up on speech when the voice is active, although I've not tried this on Apple Maps with car play as my other half doesn't have an iPhone any more.
This is definitely the case for Android Auto, whilst Google Maps is directing you can adjust the volume independent of music volume. I would be surprised if you couldn't for Apple too, although I have no way of checking
Had
5 Nova/Corsa
4 Astra, including this one
4 Cavalier/Vectra/Insignia, including this one

Astraix

Post by Astraix » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:08 am

M1chaelR wrote:It may have been something you've already tried but I generally find that you can turn the volume up on speech when the voice is active, although I've not tried this on Apple Maps with car play as my other half doesn't have an iPhone any more.

Have you tried the maps and carplay settings on the phone to see if there is a voice setting in there?
Many thanks for your input.
I have looked at the Carplay and I phone settings and ensured that they are set up correctly but could find no direct volume adjustment
I followed your suggestion re volume control and it works!!
I adjusted the volume, using the steering wheel control, when maps voice was active.
The volume reverted to the original setting when maps voice ceased.
When maps voice reactivated it was at the adjusted volume.

I guess the same principle will operate for adjusting the Traffic Programme volume?

Unfortunately, the car was supplied with the Infotainment manual for the Astra J: the dealer has ordered the Astra K manual.

Return to “Faults & Technical”