Mobile phone for IntelliLink

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Re: Mobile phone for IntelliLink

Post by Finston Pickle » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:55 pm

The 5.2 inch Huawei 5C, £134 from EE unlocked, runs Android 7 - works fine with Bluetooth and WiFi.
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

robfox

Post by robfox » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks for the replies. I've bought an Motorola G4, which is working well with the Astra's touch screen and seems to be just as capable as the iPhone that I was looking at before.

esox_hu
Astra Model: 1.4 (150hp) Sports Tourer Innovation
Astra Options: Innovation pack, winter 2 pack, parking opt.
Astra Colour: Cool Beige

Post by esox_hu » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 with MIUI 8.1.3.0 works well.
With Andorid Auto the google map is running fine, the voice search sometimes working, sometimes not. Google Music is running well, Spotify is suffering internet connection error sometimes...
1.4 (150hp) Sports Tourer Innovation - Cool Beige
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

phead

Post by phead » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:41 am

Il add to this, I use an elephone P9000 (aka chinaphone!) , it works but only if I set it to keep screen on when charging (developer options). If I dont do that then then only the maps work, the other options become unresponsive when the screen goes off.

esox_hu
Astra Model: 1.4 (150hp) Sports Tourer Innovation
Astra Options: Innovation pack, winter 2 pack, parking opt.
Astra Colour: Cool Beige

Post by esox_hu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:34 am

esox_hu wrote:Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 with MIUI 8.1.3.0 works well.
With Andorid Auto the google map is running fine, the voice search sometimes working, sometimes not. Google Music is running well, Spotify is suffering internet connection error sometimes...
I installed latest version of Android Auto (arm version) on my other phone Samsung Galaxy S5. Every service are fine now. Spotify connects, Google Play also online and can play every single sound I choose.
1.4 (150hp) Sports Tourer Innovation - Cool Beige
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

laczi23
Astra Model: Astra K Sports Tourer 1.4T S/S Enjoy 2016
Astra Colour: granite gray

Post by laczi23 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:10 pm

esox_hu wrote:
I installed latest version of Android Auto (arm version) on my other phone Samsung Galaxy S5. Every service are fine now. Spotify connects, Google Play also online and can play every single sound I choose.
I have just bought a used (half year old) Astra K Sports Tourer. I have Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo. I installed latest version of Android Auto (arm version) . Android Auto Starts, but I cannot connect. As far as I understand I should be able to copy the mobile phone's display to the car's display. I would like to use the phone's navigation sw, first of all Waze. What else shall I do?

Anupanu
Astra Model: Elite 1.6CDTi 110
Astra Options: Intellilux, Driver & Parking Pack, AGR Power Seats
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Post by Anupanu » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:16 pm

laczi23 wrote:
esox_hu wrote:
I have just bought a used (half year old) Astra K Sports Tourer. I have Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo. I installed latest version of Android Auto (arm version) . Android Auto Starts, but I cannot connect. As far as I understand I should be able to copy the mobile phone's display to the car's display. I would like to use the phone's navigation sw, first of all Waze. What else shall I do?
Welcome laczi23,

Can you confirm what my you have and which infotainment system. When on the homepage does it still say projection? Have you gone into the infotainment menu to pick between Apple or Android?

BTW Waze is not yet available on AA
Had
5 Nova/Corsa
4 Astra, including this one
4 Cavalier/Vectra/Insignia, including this one

BlingPiece

Post by BlingPiece » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:55 pm

I have iphone and works ok on car play but as apple forbid you from using google maps you have to use apple maps, which has no offline map download functionality and thus renders the sat nav pretty useless. So if you have the choice go with android.

laczi23
Astra Model: Astra K Sports Tourer 1.4T S/S Enjoy 2016
Astra Colour: granite gray

Post by laczi23 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Anupanu wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:16 pm
laczi23 wrote:
esox_hu wrote:
Welcome laczi23,

Can you confirm what my you have and which infotainment system. When on the homepage does it still say projection? Have you gone into the infotainment menu to pick between Apple or Android?

Thank you Anupanu,

Unfortunately I am new in the forum, and I thought that I would get some notification when somebody answers my question. But I haven't. So I read your answer just now.
I have Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo (SM-G903F) mobile, and Radio 4.0 with Intellilink system. I have not tried in the infotainment menu to choose between Apple or Android, so tomorrow this will be the first thing to try.

Anupanu
Astra Model: Elite 1.6CDTi 110
Astra Options: Intellilux, Driver & Parking Pack, AGR Power Seats
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Post by Anupanu » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:50 pm

laczi23 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:39 pm
Anupanu wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:16 pm
laczi23 wrote:
Welcome laczi23,

Thank you Anupanu,

Unfortunately I am new in the forum, and I thought that I would get some notification when somebody answers my question. But I haven't. So I read your answer just now.
I have Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo (SM-G903F) mobile, and Radio 4.0 with Intellilink system. I have not tried in the infotainment menu to choose between Apple or Android, so tomorrow this will be the first thing to try.
No worries, I too have Intellilink 4.0 and the Apple and Android switches are top of page 2. I hope you have them.
Had
5 Nova/Corsa
4 Astra, including this one
4 Cavalier/Vectra/Insignia, including this one

Return to “Faults & Technical”