Rear fuse box cover

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K

Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby cooldad » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Bet you didn't think that a post about a Halfords f**k up would eventually be spread over two pages!! :lol: ;)
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: SE London


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby cooldad » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:42 pm

...sorry three now!! :lol: :lol:
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: SE London


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby fryrpc » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Maybe it can make it to 4 - did you notice that there is still a red wire attached to the black wire - although this time it is heat shrinked.
Emerald Green Sports Tourer 1.6CDTi BiTurbo 160 Elite Nav with IntelliLux and Parking Pack - delivered 18/05/16
fryrpc
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:29 pm
Location: Yorkshire


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby M1chaelR » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:45 pm

cooldad wrote:Bet you didn't think that a post about a Halfords f**k up would eventually be spread over two pages!! :lol: ;)


Haha I didn't. They messed up that badly lol

fryrpc wrote:Maybe it can make it to 4 - did you notice that there is still a red wire attached to the black wire - although this time it is heat shrinked.


I did, that's the Nextbase kit though, the wire from their fuse attachment is red so as long as all the joins are good then I'm not worried.
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack
User avatar
M1chaelR
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:15 pm
Location: South Wales


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby cooldad » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:53 pm

M1chaelR wrote:the wire from their fuse attachment is red so as long as all the joins are good then I'm not worried.


Have faith!! :lol:
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: SE London


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby M1chaelR » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:31 pm

cooldad wrote:
M1chaelR wrote:the wire from their fuse attachment is red so as long as all the joins are good then I'm not worried.


Have faith!! :lol:


Haha I do, I mean I'm happy now the joins are good :)
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack
User avatar
M1chaelR
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:15 pm
Location: South Wales


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby Paulch » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:38 pm

M1chaelR wrote:
It is, Halfords did it. I'm not sure whether to ask my dealer if they can tidy it up. What would you suggest?

Update: I've booked it into my dealer for them to have a look and check it over. I don't want to take any chances (these things always happen to me).


Hi

My wife bought me a camera for Christmas so I spoke to my dealer about getting it fitted and he mentioned they had someone in on New Years Eve who wanted theirs redoing after Halfords had initially fitted it.

I guess you get what you pay for as the Halford's website quotes £10 for fitting.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control and spare wheel. Power Red.
Paulch
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:11 am


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby M1chaelR » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:49 am

That's interesting to know! Not just my branch that can't fit them properly then! Would your dealer fit yours for you?
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack
User avatar
M1chaelR
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:15 pm
Location: South Wales


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby Paulch » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:37 pm

M1chaelR wrote:That's interesting to know! Not just my branch that can't fit them properly then! Would your dealer fit yours for you?


Hi

They will indeed and it's being done during the service next week.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control and spare wheel. Power Red.
Paulch
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:11 am


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby M1chaelR » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:15 pm

Paulch wrote:
M1chaelR wrote:That's interesting to know! Not just my branch that can't fit them properly then! Would your dealer fit yours for you?


Hi

They will indeed and it's being done during the service next week.

Cheers

Paul


Fab, hope all goes well. Fingers crossed for the paint too.
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack
User avatar
M1chaelR
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:15 pm
Location: South Wales


PreviousNext

Return to Faults & Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Vauxhall Astra K Forums

Our Vauxhall Astra K Forums are free to join and open to all. Contact Us.

Copyright 2015. Not associated with Vauxhall.