Rear fuse box cover

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K

Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby M1chaelR » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:16 pm

cornishtaz wrote:Power could have been taken from fuse 4 in the centre console fuse box as this supplies the Auxiliary power outlet


Thanks. I thought they'd be using that fusebox but afterwards he told me that it didn't have one and there was only the engine bay and the rear one which I didn't think was right. I wasn't present for the installation, guess I should have hung around.
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack
User avatar
M1chaelR
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:15 pm
Location: South Wales


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby cooldad » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:01 pm

M1chaelR wrote:I have a good relationship with my dealer so I'm happy for them to help check it over and sort it. Im not one for taking it back to somewhere that has caused an issue in the first place.


Good point, fair enough!
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: SE London


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby astramaster » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:17 pm

cornishtaz wrote:Power could have been taken from fuse 4 in the centre console fuse box as this supplies the Auxiliary power outlet

Exactly my point, that's why I asked if it was a front or rear dash cam!
Why extend such a long cable to the rear and use the rear fuse box? :?
User avatar
astramaster
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:21 pm


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby foxhound24 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:42 pm

From the photo of the wire join and the fact they wired it to the rear fuse box proves it was a total bodge job!
I wired my dashcam into the centre console fuse box using a tap fuse into fuse position 31 (rear wiper) as its the only one apart from the aux that's live with ignition only on. The aux fuse is recessed to much to fit a tap fuse.
foxhound24
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:13 pm


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby M1chaelR » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:08 pm

foxhound24 wrote:From the photo of the wire join and the fact they wired it to the rear fuse box proves it was a total bodge job!
I wired my dashcam into the centre console fuse box using a tap fuse into fuse position 31 (rear wiper) as its the only one apart from the aux that's live with ignition only on. The aux fuse is recessed to much to fit a tap fuse.


Yeah not the best, I am disappointed with the job. I assumed he'd wire it to the centre console fuse box so you can imagine my surprise when I saw that!

My colleague in work is an ex Vauxhall tech and used to fit stereos and he reckons it'll be fine for now, just an untidy job. For some reason I didn't ask him to fit it!! It should all be sorted Tuesday anyway.
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack
User avatar
M1chaelR
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:15 pm
Location: South Wales


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby M1chaelR » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:05 pm

This is a bit better isn't it :).

The spliced wire in the original picture was connected only by the tape, there was no other proper join underneath it, absolutely shocking.

My dealer has done an excellent job of tidying it up! Pro tip: don't let Halfords install your dashcam!

IMG_20160913_175343.jpg


IMG_20160908_104307-01.jpeg


(Halfords job at bottom)
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack
User avatar
M1chaelR
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:15 pm
Location: South Wales


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby cooldad » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:22 pm

That looks much better! I avoid Halfords like the plague... ;) ;)
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: SE London


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby M1chaelR » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:26 pm

cooldad wrote:That looks much better! I avoid Halfords like the plague... ;) ;)


Cheers! I did have my doubts but I thought they would have done enough of them to know better. Should have gone with my gut feeling!
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack
User avatar
M1chaelR
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:15 pm
Location: South Wales


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby cooldad » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:30 pm

M1chaelR wrote:
Cheers! I did have my doubts but I thought they would have done enough of them to know better. Should have gone with my gut feeling!


Glad you got it sorted out, anyway!
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: SE London


Re: Rear fuse box cover

Postby M1chaelR » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:39 pm

cooldad wrote:
M1chaelR wrote:
Cheers! I did have my doubts but I thought they would have done enough of them to know better. Should have gone with my gut feeling!


Glad you got it sorted out, anyway!


Thanks :)
SRi 1.4 Turbo (150) Auto in Summit White. Parking sensors and Winter Pack
User avatar
M1chaelR
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:15 pm
Location: South Wales


PreviousNext

Return to Faults & Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Vauxhall Astra K Forums

Our Vauxhall Astra K Forums are free to join and open to all. Contact Us.

Copyright 2015. Not associated with Vauxhall.