Help

Post pictures of your Astra K here

Help

Postby sussex belle » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Can somebody help a damsel in distress,i,ve had my Astra for 8 weeks now and i just cannot get rid of a smearing on my screen i have tried everything from cleaner, vinegar, meths , washing up liquid, neat screen wash and nothing seems to work i cleaned the blades several times it,s desperate now i baulk at going out in the dark when it rains becacuse the screen smears .......help
sussex belle

Re: Help

Postby cornishtaz » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:03 pm

You could try using a clay bar on the screen, give the blades a clean with some degreaser. Could some wax that the dealer may have used prior to delivery. Do you wash the car yourself? As the car washers in garages tend to use wax all ovee the car which could cause your smearing.
cornishtaz

Postby PACMANIA » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Would agree with the above statement. We all thought you be watching your Netflix in the car. Far to busy to notice the dirt on the screen. Don't get it twisted if all fail might be a good idea to pop into dealership for advice.
PACMANIA

Postby albany » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:38 pm

Well its either on your screen, wiperblades or the screen fluid you are using do not use washing up liquid this will leave a greasy deposit on the screen,try Cillit Bang or something similar.
Tech Line 1.4t 125ps Emerald Green, space saver wheel.
albany

Postby cornishtaz » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:25 pm

I always use products from Autobrite Direct

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index. ... lants.html
cornishtaz

Postby sussex belle » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Oh dear pacmania i laughed so much at your childish remark i wasnt going to reply but seeing youre the forum care in the community project i had to though so you didnt feel rejected if you have no constructive comments shut up and get a life, As for everyone who commented thank you i will get my partner to try the clay bar treatment if that doesnt work i will visit my local dealer thanks guys
sussex belle

Postby cooldad » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:39 am

sussex belle wrote: but seeing youre the forum care in the community project i had to though so you didnt feel rejected if you have no constructive comments shut up and get a life

That's perhaps a little unkind / unnecessary, IMHO. :o :shock:

However relevant / irrelevant some of his comments, PAC does, at the very least, confer some much needed humour on this forum! :) :)
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.
cooldad

Return to Members Gallery